Sunday, April 11, 2010

Comments4Teachers-Paula White

I commented on a teacher's blog entitled Reflections of the TZSTeacher.

It was about how everything we need to know we learned in kindergarden, and she really backs up her case.

On April 11, 2010 I commented:

Hi my name is Jessica Purvis. I’m a student at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary/ special education teacher and I am taking Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class.
You can visit our Class blog and leave a comment if you’d like.

Wow, just wow! I really enjoyed reading this blog post. It’s given me a great deal of insight into what teaching is all about, and that only makes me feel inspired and excited. Do you think teaching is almost like parenting?

April 16, 2010
This week's post was about teaching students to be independent and do for themselves.
Click Here to read her post

I commented saying:

I’ve been really enjoying reading your blog these past two weeks. You have a lot of great things to say and advice to give to someone like me who is studying to become a teacher. I have a lot to learn. Thank you for sharing, it gives me a perspective on what to expect and how to approach directing a classroom. It all seems overwhelming because a teacher has to be so many things. I also want to say that I think teaching a child to be as independent as they should be given their age is one of the best things an adult can provide for a child. If their capable of doing it themselves, then let them. Learning to do for yourself at a young age is crucial to being able to do for yourself as an adult.

1 comment:

  1. The power of comments4teachers demonstrated once again. And the power of learning as well.

    Excellent.

    ReplyDelete