Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 25,2010

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment



Wow, this was impressive. This student is doing and learning things with technology that are quite grand. My personal learning environment is somewhat similiar yet, different. I use Evernote as well and it is very handy to organize and store information. Honestly, I think hers is more advanced than mine. But, mine is growing everyday. I also, like the program she's using to manage her PLE. I think it's amazing that a 7th grader knows, uses, and has a PLE! I feel like I have a lot of work to do as a teacher to meet today's students needs, but I'm up for the challenge.

2 Questions That Can Change Your Life


Click Here to watch "Two Questions That Can Change Your Life by Daniel Pink
What's my sentence? I don't know how much I can decide that. People will say what they want to say about you, no matter how hard you try sometime. You can influence to a certain extent what your sentence will be by being what you want people to think of you, but again people will say what they choose to say whether you like it or not. I hope my sentence will be something like this, "She taught me ________(fill in the blank)." I don't really care what it is, as long as it is something that I contributed to another person learning. Was I better today than yesterday? I think I actually ask myself that question all the time. Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. Hey, I am only human. I can only try my best to strive for better. As a teacher, if one was to ask themselves these 2 questions I feel a lot of great and creative ways of teaching could come from it. I've heard students feed off the personality and moods of the teacher. If the teacher is feeling motivated, driven, excited, better, wanting to fulfill the sentence they want to leave behind and be remembered for, what do you think the outcome will be? I expect great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment