Friday, March 26, 2010

Skype, so far...

Picture of Skype login box


So far this semester I have used Skype to connect with my family and friends whom I hardly ever get to see because they live several hours away. We have all definitely enjoyed it, especially my aunts and uncles who are older, they've been getting a kick out of it. I've introduced my parents to Skype and now they have become Skype fiends! They never use hardly any sort of technology and what they do use, they know the basics. So I've been happy that Skype has been bringing me and my family together once a week to talk to aunts, uncles, and cousins across the country. I also have used Skype to talk to my best friend who lives in Louisiana and who I don't get to see very often, and also to some of my friends who go to the University of Alabama and Auburn University and even though they're not too far away it's fun actually getting to see and talk to them. My class hasn't had the opportunity to Skype any teachers but I have watched all of the Skype videos that have been posted to the class blog.

I've also researched on ways to use Skype educationally in my classroom when I become a teacher, and I came across a great website called 50 Awesome Ways to Use Skype in the Classroom. I've enjoyed using Skype this semester! I had never heard of it before this class and honestly found it useless at first. Needless to say, my mind has been changed and I can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment