Sunday, February 28, 2010

Personal Learning Network

A picture of a circle of people holding hands and in the middle of the circle says Powered by You
So far for the progress I have made on my PLN is making a number of RSS feeds 15 so far, they are Wired Science, Whats new in the world, Twitter for teachers, wikispaces, The Educators Royal Treatment, Lastest Activity on the Educators PLN, Philly Teacher, convergemag.com, Free Technology for Teachers, Edutopia, Connect Your PLN Lab, twitter.com, and alicechristie.org. I have also been following a number of Teachers on Twitter, including Mr. Chamberlain and Mr.McClung. I manage my Twitter account using TweetDeck, and I typically read my RSS feeds once a day. I've been searching and watching YouTube videos regarding education which there are many! I have found websites to learn from by using Delicious and have used Delicious to bookmark my own findings for my PLN, and have gone back to find websites that do not have an RSS feed such as TED . There's an infinite amount of information out there and people to learn from it's hard to keep up with. But for me, my PLN helps me keep everything organized, and as Dr. Strange says lets me dip into the flowing river of information out there.

1 comment:

  1. Some more possibilities:

    Beth Still suggests this Instant PLN to create a list of teachers to follow. Also you should read this NY Times article Getting the Most Out of Twitter

    And be sure you look at David and Jacki's new blog Mathis Gorski EDM310 Projects

    You also cannot afford to miss Jackie's own personal account of her PLN development The Evolution of My PLN - Initial Post

    ReplyDelete