Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Comments4Teachers

Alright I'm going to be honest and say for the past 3 weeks I have been commenting on Shelly Terrell's blog, and then pasting what I commented in a draft on my blog, but until today I have just discovered my comments were not being submitted correctly and so I re-commented on her blog today. I want to greatly apologize to Shelly Terrell for this. I have been following your blog for the past three weeks and have really enjoyed it and it has been truly inspiring to me.


February 23,2010
I commented on Shelly Terrell's blog. This blog post I commented on was entitled Goal: Plant A Seed
To read this blog post Click Here.
Hi my name is Jessica Purvis i'm in Dr.Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama, i'm studying to be an elementary teacher, We're learning how to use different technologies and how we can use them as teachers in Dr.Strange's class. Wow your blog is inspiring! You said everything that I've been feeling about teaching...to believe in the students, to have faith in them. It's really encouraging that someone who is already a teacher believes in believing in students. I've had people tell me to not feel this way, that the children who are falling behind are just lazy, and that I'll burnout real quick if I put my heart and soul into teaching. So it is truly motivating to read that there is someone else out there that believes a teacher CAN make a difference. Thankyou!
My blog is http://www.purvisjessicaedm310.blogspot.com

The EDM310 class blog is http://edm310.blogspot.com

March 4,2010
This blog post was entitled At A Loss for Word-le?!
To read Shelly Terrell's post Go Here.

Hi my name is Jessica Purvis, I'm not sure If I said already in another comment on another blog post you wrote but I am a student at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary teacher. I'll be commenting on your blog for the next 3 weeks as an assignment given for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class where we're learning about how to use different technologies, how we can use them in the classroom, and just how to be tech literate teachers and life long learners in general. I will be summarizing what I have read on your blog and the comments I have left in a blog post on my blog by March 21st.

I'd like to start out saying that I am thankful I was assigned your blog to read! You have very interesting and useful things to say, and your blog is actually quite enjoyable to read, I look forward to reading it every week, and I have included your blog as a part of my PLN.

I'm only 22, I have a MacBook, Dell computer, iPod, cellphone, Wii, and several different accounts for websites ranging from Skype to Facebook to Classroom 2.0 and Edutopia, and I used to think I knew a thing or two about technology, but I know nothing. I'm finding this class extremely difficult and overwhelming and as soon as I feel comfortable using a certain technology it seems to become outdated and there's something new I need to learn. So I guess I'm also feeling a sense of loss with technology. I feel like I'm struggling to keep up! So it's not surprising for me to hear that twitter could be here today and gone tomorrow. But, I do feel that it is incredibly important that I learn all this stuff and continue to learn and advance to become a tech literate teacher. I agree with you that students should be opened to the world that the benefits of that are enormous, and technology allows this to happen. I think its wonderful that you are using technology in your classroom and that its having positive results. Its inspiring to me that your confident with using new and different technologies because I am not so much; something about the unknown intimidates me, but I'm finding the courage to take it head on and reading teachers blogs like yours gives me the confidence to do so; to see you all tech literate teachers be successful with using technology in your classrooms.

Glad Wordle is working again! We've used Wordle in our class, and it really entertains me, and has given me many ideas on how I could use it in my classroom one day.

You can visit my blog at http://purvisjessicaedm310.blogspot.com
The class blog is http://edm310.blogspot.com

March 11,2010
This blog post was entitled Why Do We Connect? Video Project
I did an audio comment on this blog post about PLN's. It was great! She's really doing a lot to promote educators to form a PLN.

Click Here to read the blog post and to also listen to my comment.

[riffly_audio]114567AC2D8C11DF94BCC751272CF880[/riffly_audio]


No comments:

Post a Comment